- 1 Cup Certified Gluten-Free Organic Oats
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 cup Large dried coconut flakes or chunks
- Almonds Whole Raw
- 2 TBSP Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Virgin Coconut Oil
Yields 2 Cups, recipe can easily be doubled or tripled
- Pre-heat oven to: 350 F (325 F Convection)
- In a Mixing bowl combine all ingredients except for the maple syrup, coconut oil and cranberries.
- In a sauce pan, heat the maple syrup and coconut oil together until melted
- Pour the liquid into the Dry mixture and mix with spatula until well coated, the mixture should hold together in the palm of your hand (hold its shape). If it is too crumbly, then add a bit more maple syrup until it holds its shape
- In a cookie sheet or rectangular dish press the mixture into a 1/2 inch layer, you may need 1-2 cookie sheets, if your layer is too thin it will cook faster and be more crisp, if it is too thick it will not dry out and will not be crunchy.
- The goal is to crystalize the sugar and dehydrate the mixture so that the granola is crisp.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes or until the edges are browned, then with spatula break apart the granola mixture gently, do not over break or mix so as not to break up into very small pieces (the large pieces are the best part!)
- Return to oven for an additional 10-15 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool completely, at this point you should have crisp granola, you can now toss in a bowl with the cranberries, breaking the larger pieces in small-medium size bits
- Store in a sealed container for up to 1 month
- Serve on smoothie..yogurt...or one of our favourite customers Gina actually eats it in a bowl with our salted caramel sauce poured on top..YUMMM!