These cookies are a twist on a classic family favourite, modified for those who are gluten-free, dairy-free and nut-free! Now everyone can enjoy a timeless classic!
- 4 and 3/4 cups Whisked All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 TBSP Pumpkin Spice (see notes for pumpkin spice recipe)
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cane sugar (you can use white sugar in this step)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (unsweetened)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup extra sugar for dusting and rolling (make sure its cane or large crystal sugar for rolling) + 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (325 convection)
- Sift all dry ingredients together (flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a hand beater beat eggs, sugar and maple syrup together until thick and fluffy
- Slowly add melted coconut oil and beat until well mixed (no oil streaks)
- Add pumpkin puree and just incorporate for 20 seconds, the batter may look broken but will come back together when the flour is added
- Add dry ingredients in thirds, scraping the bowl with a spatula after each addition
- Using a tablespoon or mini ice cream scoop, scoop the dough to portion then roll between palms of your hands into little balls. This is a fun step for the kids! Toss in a bowl of extra sugar and cinnamon then place on a parchment lined baking tray
- Press down slightly so the cookie spreads evenly in the oven
- Once all scooped, place in the freezer for 5 minutes then bake for 12-15 minutes until cookies are slightly golden around the edges
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes on tray
- Place on cooling rack (or eat!) until completely cooled before storing in a sealed container.
- Stores at room temperature for up to 2 weeks
You can keep the dough frozen and simply bake fresh cookies anytime you need or want them!
Serve with a nice cup of chamomile tea!
Makes approximately three dozen
Pumpkin Spice Mix
Mix together: 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon + 1/2 tsp nutmeg + 1/4 tsp ground ginger (dry) + 1/8 tsp cloves (double, triple or quadruple recipe as needed, keep in a sealed container for 1-2 months)