Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Sesame-Free
Growing up there was nothing better than coming downstairs on a lazy Sunday morning to mom making her classic Belgian waffles. Since going Gluten-Free, we have modified the recipe and have found that we like them even more because they have a lighter texture similar to the ones you would eat in Belgium. My personal favourite is adding walnuts to the mix and drizzling with maple syrup! YUM
- 1.5 cups Whisked Gluten-Free Waffle Mix
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 1.5 cups milk or dairy-free milk (I like oat milk for this recipe)
- In a glass bowl melt the butter in the microwave for 30-60 seconds
- add the milk and beaten eggs and whisk together
- Add the waffle mix and whisk until there are no more lumps
- Heat your waffle iron (use some oil or non stick spray before your first waffle, you only need to spray it once
- Add 1/2-3/4 cup batter (or 1 large ladle) to your iron depending on the size and close the top and cook for 3-4 minutes until brown and crispy.
- Serve with topping of choice! (1 recipe makes 4 large waffles, can be doubled or tripled!)
For vegan Belgian waffles - substitute the 2 eggs for 1 large mashed ripe banana!