These cookies were a staple at the bakery and a favourite for many, to make room for new products we have released this recipe from our gluten-free recipe vault so you can enjoy making them at home!
- 4 and 3/4 cups Whisked All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp Ground ginger (or 1 tsp grated fresh ginger)
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup cane or white sugar
- 1/4 cup fancy gluten-free molasses (like Crosby's)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup extra sugar for dusting and rolling
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Sift all dry ingredients together (flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a hand beater beat eggs, sugar and molasses together until thick and fluffy
- Slowly add melted coconut oil and beat until well mixed (no oil streaks)
- Add dry ingredients in thirds, scraping the bowl with a spatula after each addition
- Using a tablespoon or mini ice cream scoop, scoop the dough to portion then roll between palms of your hands into little balls. Toss in a bowl of extra sugar then place on a parchment lined baking tray
- Press down slightly so the cookie spreads evenly in the oven
- Once all scooped, place in the freezer for 5 minutes then bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies are slightly golden around the edges
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes on tray
- Place on cooling rack (or eat!) until completely cooled before storing in a sealed container.
- Stores at room temperature for up to 2 weeks
You can keep the dough frozen and simply bake fresh cookies anytime you need or want them!
Serve with a nice cup of chamomile tea!
Makes approximately three dozen