Vegan Gingerbread Cookie DoughWhisked Gluten-Free Bakery
Have fun with the kids and make your own cookies using our pre-made roll-out gingerbread cookie dough!
Ingredients: flour blend (brown rice flour, arrowroot flour, tapioca flour), brown sugar, organic coconut oil, molasses, spices, guar gum, sea salt, baking soda. *May contain (present in the facility): Dairy, Eggs
Instructions: Freeze for up to 5 months. Keep baked cookies in a sealed container for up to 1 month.
1. Make sure dough is soft (if not microwave low 10 second intervals until you can press easily into the dough
2. Wash you work surface and place piece of plastic wrap on the counter
3. Place the dough on the plastic and press down into a small disk
4. Place the other piece of plastic wrap on top and then roll to desired thickness or roll your rolling pin in plastic wrap.
5. Remove top plastic and use cookie cutter to cut out shapes
6. Remove each cutout cookie by lifting the bottom plastic off the table and pealing the cookies off
7. Place on baking sheet and bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 F for 8-9 minutes
Note if you want to decorate with sprinkle brush unbaked cookie with a bit of milk then sprinkle, if using icing, bake the cookie and wait until fully cool before icing! HAVE FUN!
Troubleshooting dry dough: If your cookie dough is a bit dry even after softening in the microwave add 1 tbsp hot water and 1 tbsp melted coconut oil and knead into the dough. Re-peat this step until the dough becomes soft and pliable and easy to roll and lift off the plastic.